College Wellbeing

College Wellbeing

At Trinity Anglican College, we aim to be a leading school in the delivery of health and wellbeing outcomes for students.
To support our community to effectively identify and respond to the mental health needs of children and young people, we have updated our wellbeing intervention processes to work closely with our College Heads of House, Pastoral Care Tutors and Stage Leaders.

Learning & Wellbeing Service

The Learning & Wellbeing Service comprises a Psychologist, Counsellor and Chaplain.
Services are provided onsite and exist to provide Educational Assessments and strategic short-term therapeutic intervention to students to both maximise their wellbeing at the College, and their academic potential.

Learning & Wellbeing services may include:

  • Direct evidence-based therapeutic intervention with students;
  • Case management if the student is referred and already working with an external agency;
  • Educational Assessments;
  • Social, emotional and behavioural assessments/screeners (where deemed appropriate);
  • Consultation with teachers, educational support staff and Trinity Anglican College leadership;
  • Consultation with parents/guardians; and
  • Implementing College wide wellbeing programs.

The Learning & Wellbeing Service is voluntary and guided by the needs and goals that are identified by the student.
Please note, that while our Learning & Wellbeing Service can provide basic counselling, support, intervention, risk assessment and case management, students will be referred to external professional services when the issues are complex or specific.

You may also be aware that in the past Trinity Anglican College has required parental consent for students under the age of 15 to see the Counsellor. This will now change and align with the Australian Psychological Society professional and ethical guidelines. Specifically, students aged 12 years or above and who are considered capable of providing informed consent will be able to self-refer to the College Psychologist or Counsellor. Whilst parental consent is not necessary for an initial session, parental involvement and communication will be encouraged.

For students in the Junior School, referrals can be made by speaking to the classroom teacher who will complete a referral form.

Students in the Senior School will be able to self-refer via SEQTA, while parents can refer by speaking to their child’s Head of House who will complete a Senior School Referral form.
We do recommend completing the referral form with either the young person or with their consent if they are 12 years or above.

Safeguarding personal information of parents and students is a fundamental concern of Trinity Anglican College. The College is committed to meeting the privacy standards outlined in the Education Act and other applicable health legislation when dealing with obtaining or sharing sensitive information. Therefore, it is important to note that any referrals made by a College staff member, student or parent will be taken to a fortnightly Learning & Wellbeing Meeting to discuss with the appropriate support staff at the school. This typically includes, the Psychologist, Counsellor, Stage Leaders, Heads of House, and Tutorial Centre staff. If there are concerns around learning, safety to self and safety to others in the classroom, this information may also be discussed with other staff members.

About us

The College Learning & Wellbeing service is new and we look forward to receiving your feedback and suggestions.

Alongside our Learning & Wellbeing Service, our Heads of House can assist in the following ways:

  • Talk to children and young people about numerous different topics and offer pastoral care and support;

Some of the areas may include but are not limited to:

  • Depression, sadness and feeling “down”;
  • Anxiety, worries and fears;
  • Grief and loss;
  • Anger management;
  • Drug and alcohol issues;
  • Conflict resolution and bullying;
  • Self-concept and assertiveness;
  • Difficulties at home or at the College; and
  • Transition from primary to secondary school

If you need immediate assistance please call 000 or Albury Police on 02 6023 9299

External support for students and families

Local services are available to provide support:

  • Kids Helpline (24 hours) - 1800 551 800
  • Suicide Call back (24 hours) - 1300 659 467
  • Lifeline (24 hours) - 131 114
  • Men’s Line (24 hours) - 1300 789 987
  • National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service (24 hours) - 1800 737 732
  • Child Protection - 131 278
  • Nurse on Call (24 hours) - 1300 606 024
  • Urgent Housing (24 hours) - 1800 825 955